• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Final boss question

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Elf Quest Pack: The Mage of the Mirror.

Final boss question

Postby Fullork345 » Saturday January 5th, 2013 9:02pm

I was reading the quest notes and she has the reanimation spell, but it doesn't have any skeletons zombies or mummies nearby, was that an oversight or am I misreading something?
Fullork345

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Re: Final boss question

Postby drathe » Sunday January 6th, 2013 2:56am

Most of us have come to the conclusion that Mage of the Mirror (and Frozen Horror) were released without play testing. Take a good look at the last paragraph of Quest 1 in Mage of the Mirror. Now try to find the Elven Chain Mail card. Look at the artifact cards. Now try to find the Elven Bracers in the Quest Book. Plus, multiple wandering monsters? 2 Chaos Warriors!? :shock: Talk about instantly killing party members and preventing them from searching for any treasure at all.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sjeng » Sunday January 6th, 2013 7:09am

Has anyone here ever revised these quests? I'd love to see a playtested, revised edition on the forum :)

RPG Gateway Die Roller's 100

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Fullork345 » Sunday January 6th, 2013 12:07pm

I just figured the elven chain mail wasn't a artifact but just a special version of chainmail for the quest pack, like how sacred water doesn't have it's own card but is a item in witch lord.

Good call on the elven bracers, that's actually kinda funny! I guess you can give them as a reward for completing the questpack, or they were supposed to be given instead of the chainmail, since the barbarian doesn't get a chainmail equilvement. (I know there's borin's armor, but if both the barb and elf got them all 3 would be able to get armor without having to take the movement penalty).
Fullork345

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » Sunday January 6th, 2013 1:17pm

There's a holy water vial in the treasure deck. I just noted one of those on my character sheet when I found it. So basically there is sacred water :)

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Fullork345 » Sunday January 6th, 2013 5:14pm

Sjeng wrote:There's a holy water vial in the treasure deck. I just noted one of those on my character sheet when I found it. So basically there is sacred water :)

True, that's the uk edition though, in the US one there isn't one.

But I think if I ever play through the elf pack I'll defantly switch out that elven plate for the elven bracers, seems like what was intended.

I saw one of the other bosses has the same problem.

Perhaps the spell is ment to ressurect the monsters in the room as undead?

I think I'll give both bosses that use it summon undead, don't know if that will make the final boss to hard, but the game is kinda easy and it at least allows the spell to be usefull.
Fullork345

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » Monday January 7th, 2013 1:54am

Fullork345 wrote:Perhaps the spell is ment to ressurect the monsters in the room as undead?

That was my guess. The Necromancer does the same.

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » Sunday January 20th, 2013 9:28pm

Here's another guess: The two bone piles marked in Sinestra's inner sanctum are defeated Skeletons. They could be brought back by the Reanimation spell in this case. The difference justified in Reanimation is that it could do much more in another Quest, tailored as the creator saw fit.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Return to The Mage of the Mirror