• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Treasure in Quest 5 of WoM

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Wizards of Morcar Quest Pack.

Re: Q5 - The Final Conflict Question

Postby wallydubbs » November 12th, 2018, 2:42 pm

Stoner81 wrote:
j_dean80 wrote:If there is no note then it is just another piece of decorative furniture.

I figured as much but just wanted to double check, I might make a note saying to put in something if wanted/needed otherwise leave empty.

|_P |_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.

That's what I'd do. Considering you're fighting 4 bosses in 1 quest it better be something good.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Treasure in Quest 5 of WoM

Postby wallydubbs » February 8th, 2019, 12:05 pm

Jaguar69 wrote:Wow, no conclusion the whole quest pack? I have not played through to that far in the 20 years i had the set, and not read through them either, but no conclusion is extremely strange. As a GM, I would want closure on the story, it would define the epic nature of what the heroes have accomplished in this by all accounts very difficult quest pack.

Maybe those excellent writers among you all could come up with a fitting conclusion in some competition here!? |_P
As i have not got that far, I am not up to that point in the 'story', I would love to do this but don't know enough...yet!

Although there was no official transitional chapter from Wizards of Morcar to the American expansions, I agree that there should be some conclusion now, written for Wizards of Morcar that will link it to Frozen Horror.

Although, to this day, not everyone is in agreement with the order in which these expansions should be played: viewtopic.php?f=143&t=110
I don't wish to step on the toes of anyone who may have created a homebrewed quest linking them together, but I feel a simple conclusion in Wizard's of Morcar and just a swap of names is all that is needed to remedy this.
If those playing in Europe wish to play the American expansion, just swap the name Zargon with Morcar, and vice versa for the Americans playing the European expansions.
Against the Ogre Horde doesn't have a conclusion either, but that's ok, since WoM starts where AtOH left off.

A suitable conclusion would be:
"Thanks to you Heroes, the outposts held by Morcar's/Zargon's lieutenant sorcerers have been taken and the Emperor's armies were able to launch their 2nd great assault against Morcar/Zargon.
"A great battle was fought with arms and magic. Morcar's/Zargon's army was fierce, but the Emperor's forces were brave. Morcar/Zargon proved crafty with spells, but my incantations were strong enough to counter this time. Many lives were lost on both sides, but this time it was the Doom Guard and banners of Chaos that fled.
Morcar/Zargon, himself, was able to avoid capture, and in fleeing could be heard shouting, "You have won this time, but when I return I will wrought the land with an eternal winter."
Though the Emperor's armies rejoiced in their victory, I could not look upon Morcar's/Zargon's words lightly. I have consulted Loretome regarding these words. I fear he plans to unleash an ancient Horror on the world that hasn't been seen for centuries. But there is more I must do before I can say for certainty.
The Emperor has asked me to reward the 4 of you with 1000 gold coins for your efforts, split it amongst yourselves.
Take heart my friends, for the next time we meet may be a homecoming for one of you.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » February 8th, 2019, 7:17 pm

If you read through my remake of WoM it has a conclusion plus one for AtOH.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby lestodante » February 9th, 2019, 2:41 pm

j_dean80 I will go and have a read oon (maybe you can help with a link in your signature too).
Also Jacob Busby offered a conncetion beetween the quest packs in his Tears of Time Passed: http://north-american.yeoldeinn.com/dow ... passed.pdf

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » February 9th, 2019, 4:40 pm

lestodante wrote:j_dean80 I will go and have a read oon (maybe you can help with a link in your signature too).
Also Jacob Busby offered a conncetion beetween the quest packs in his Tears of Time Passed: http://north-american.yeoldeinn.com/dow ... passed.pdf

Here is the link. I make too many to put them all in my signature (or at least how I know how).

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4073
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Previous

Return to Wizards of Morcar