Page 1 of 2

Stand-up Tiles

PostPosted: June 24th, 2010, 11:06 pm
by Koren_nRhys
As I am printing out drathe's tiles for the expansions I don't own, I quickly noticed a problem with some of the tiles Wizards in particular.

One: Stone doors are single sided and need to be reworked or printed double-sided somehow in order to use them in the plastic door bases.
Two: The Wall of Stone/Ice/Fire tiles present a similar problem, PLUS if you don't have base to put them in, they aren't much use.

So, I used drathe's tile files, did some Photoshop magic and created some that could be printed, folded in half and inserted into the door bases from the base Game System.

I've uploaded the PDF here, so hopefully the community finds it useful.
wizards-ds-standups.pdf

Re: Stand-up Tiles

PostPosted: June 24th, 2010, 11:42 pm
by drathe
Very nice indeed. I've been meaning to do this, but luckily you beat me to it. I'd like to add this to the Wizards pages when I have time. Would you mind?

Re: Stand-up Tiles

PostPosted: June 25th, 2010, 6:59 am
by el_flesh
Cool! I was thinking about this some time ago, and figured I would just have to glue a double one back-to back...

Re: Stand-up Tiles

PostPosted: June 25th, 2010, 7:50 am
by Koren_nRhys
Go right ahead, drathe. Put it wherever it will be easiest to find. I also want to do the mirror and elf stand-ups from the Elf pack when I get a chance. Are there any others I'm missing?

flesh, I thought of that too, but it just seems messy. I got the idea from some pieces I found on someone's website.

EDIT: It was Ferret's HeroQuestFGP page. He redid the Elf portcullis and the large portcullis from the Marvel special issue. Those are really nice by the way. Much better looking than the official ones.

Re: Stand-up Tiles

PostPosted: June 25th, 2010, 10:13 am
by el_flesh
Got a link? I'll reprint the marvel winter then!

Re: Stand-up Tiles

PostPosted: June 25th, 2010, 11:38 am
by mo123813
Awesome! I gotta use these

Re: Stand-up Tiles

PostPosted: June 25th, 2010, 12:52 pm
by Koren_nRhys
el_flesh wrote:Got a link? I'll reprint the marvel winter then!

It's right here at Ye Olde Inn - in the Quests section, where the White Dwarf stuff is too. And the portcullis stuff is at HeroQuest-O-Rama (in Ye Olde Inn's Links), under Tilez. He's got a bunch of cool stuff - outdoor tiles, more rooms, etc.

Re: Stand-up Tiles

PostPosted: June 26th, 2010, 5:01 am
by HeroQuestFrance
Stone doors
into wizard of morcar ??
are u sure ?

Re: Stand-up Tiles

PostPosted: June 26th, 2010, 2:42 pm
by drathe
When I get them up, I will host the same file and link to it from each page containing relevant content. When printing out the doors and walls from any set, most people will want to print them all at once anyway.

Re: Stand-up Tiles

PostPosted: June 27th, 2010, 5:41 am
by HeroQuestFrance
There's no stone door into wizards of morcar expansion.
Only 3 magic walls fire/ ice/ stone.