• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Card count roll call

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Wizards of Morcar Quest Pack.

Card count roll call

Postby Striker » Wednesday September 21st, 2016 1:25am

Can anyone help clear this little matter up please.

I have wizards of morcar and when I went through the contents I found that I have 23men-at-arms cards. This is as listed both here and on hero scribe. However mine have 6of each card except the halbadier, on the site it's 6of each except the crossbow.

What's going on?and why was this error made?has mine been bodged-do I need another card to complete the game?do they make any difference?
Thanks guys and gals

Jon
Striker

Zombie
Zombie

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Re: Card count roll call

Postby Geofonos » Thursday September 29th, 2016 6:16am

Your deck sound fine to me.
6 cards of swordsmen.
6 cards of crossbowmen.
6 cards of scouts.
5 cards of halberdiers.
If you're really picky abut your game, you can check your deck. One of your halberdier cards should have the game version code printed just below the halberdier's stats.

As for the rules now; There's a difference between theory and practice. The quest book states that "Adventurers may each hire up to four followers at any time between quests. These followers may be from any of the four types of Men-At-Arms".
That said, in theory, you could have a maximum of 16 men-at-arms during a game of 4 heroes. All those 16 MaA could be halberdiers or crossbowmen or whatever.
In practice though, you only have 12 MaA miniatures, you have weapons for only 6 MaA per class and you only have 6 MaA cards per class as well, apart from the 5 halberdier cards.
What my group does is stay legit to what the cards represent. So you can have a maximum of 6 Crossbowmen, 6 Swordsmen, 6 Scouts and 5 Halberdiers. And no more than 12 MaA on the board at the same time. Have the right miniature with the right card always.

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Geofonos

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Striker » Thursday September 29th, 2016 6:24am

Yeah that's what I figured thanks.
I just found it strange that two web resources state it was the crossbow that had 5.

There was a similar discussion about equipment. The early hq had card doubles of a few items suggesting that the cards are purchased and no more than the cards available could be used by the heroes. is that how you play them too?
Striker

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Geofonos » Thursday September 29th, 2016 6:48am

Nah, we use an armory, much similar to the US edition. We don't use equipment cards at all. If a hero has the cash, he can buy the item and list it on his sheet of paper. It wouldn't be fair in my humble opinion if there was only one helmet or one shield available.
That being said, game is much more fun that way and a bit less painful when going into hard expansions. Imagine 4 heroes going into the Barbarian Pack and only one carrying a shield or a helmet. Oh, the horror, the pain...

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Geofonos

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Striker » Thursday September 29th, 2016 7:31am

Also my thoughts, but what about the artifacts?I know they are mostly scrolls in KK and ROTWL (playing a us/eu hybrid), but doesn't morcar have useful permanent artifacts?
Striker

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » Thursday September 29th, 2016 2:52pm

In regards to your original question, yes, your number of cards is correct.
The oddness of the 5 Halberdier cards had most likely to do with the printing layout.
64 cards fit on 8 sheets, so they had to take away the least important to avoid a ninth sheet for one card and went with a random mercenary card.

Striker wrote:Also my thoughts, but what about the artifacts?I know they are mostly scrolls in KK and ROTWL (playing a us/eu hybrid), but doesn't morcar have useful permanent artifacts?

No, he doesn't. How would you implement them?
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Striker » Friday September 30th, 2016 2:10am

I've just manages to check as I was at work, and no, Morcar does not have any artifacts...So I guess it's unhindered purchasing of equipment

thanks!!
Striker

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Wednesday April 12th, 2017 8:14am

Striker wrote:Also my thoughts, but what about the artifacts?I know they are mostly scrolls in KK and ROTWL (playing a us/eu hybrid), but doesn't morcar have useful permanent artifacts?

I'm not entirely sure about your question, but the European version of Heroquest features five Quest treasure cards: Borin's Armour, Orc's Bane, Spirit Blade, Talisman of Lore, and Wand of Recall. A Chaos Warrior possesses Orc's Bane without benefit.

As you play a mix of EU and NA rules with Spell Scroll Cards, the other KK and RotWL artifacts are also included. KK has the Fire Ring and the Magical Throwing Dagger, while RotWL contains the Magical Throwing Dagger, Dust of Disappearance, the Anti-poison Quill, Rabbit Boots, and the Armband of Healing. Of all of these, only two--the Rabbit Boots and the Armband of Healing--are permanent.

Skulmar apparently possesses the Rabbit Boots (and a Pass Through Rock scroll), though as an NA monster he has no need of them. With an EU/NA rules hybrid, he can benefit from their trap-jumping ability as he attempts his escape. The Armband of Healing is found with 3 Doomguard Warriors, so Morcar could conceivably allow one of them to possess it and benefit from the artifact's healing.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Return to Wizards of Morcar