• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Traps

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Wizards of Morcar Quest Pack.

Traps

Postby Beiren » January 17th, 2014, 6:11 pm

The traps can't be found during searching. But if they are activated once, are they still active the second time.
For the fireburst trap I would say now. But a hurricane is a tricky one and the teleport trap could be there forover.
Why do you guys thinks?
Time will tell, sooner or later time will tell
Beiren

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Traps

Postby sajungzak » January 17th, 2014, 6:45 pm

I don't understand, please clarify.
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Beiren » January 17th, 2014, 7:08 pm

sajungzak wrote:I don't understand, please clarify.

If you stumble in a pit trap, the tile is placed and is there forever. But you can jump it.
If you stumble in a spear trap, you lose one life and the spear trap is gone.
If you stuble in a falling rock trap, the cealing colapses and the way is blocked.

But if you step on a teleport trap, you get teleported to B. But what about the second person who steps on that same tile.
If the hurricane rushes by when you step on the square marked X, is the hurricane passed or is there a constant wind that blows you away?
The first time you active a fireburt trap it will go of on Zargon turn. But I can't imagine that that trap can go of another time.
Time will tell, sooner or later time will tell
Beiren

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby sajungzak » January 17th, 2014, 7:25 pm

Thank you, now I understand.
"Magical traps cannot be found by searching. They can only be disarmed with certain spells specified on the Magic Reference chart. Magical traps can only be activated once. As soon as a magical trap has been activated, players can move safely through that room or corridor."
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » January 18th, 2014, 6:07 pm

In Manse Macabre in the Play-by-Post forum, Mike had created Teleport traps that remained active after being triggered. This is a good example where published rules can be modified in Quest notes. Magical traps are too good to leave for WoM only.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » March 3rd, 2014, 3:55 pm

The straight response is the rules governing magical traps don't allow permanence. From the beginning of the WoM Quest Book:

...Magical traps may only be activated once. As soon as a magical trap has been activated, players can move safely through that room or corridor."

However, if you wanna have a magical trap that automatically resets like the Chaos Sorcerer death ray statue, go for it! It sounds fun, and all ya gotta do is add a Quest note about repeatable triggering conditions. Does it trigger only once in a round of turns like a rolling boulder (from KK), every time it is triggered by a player, or is it continuous like the Dwarven Forge room (from KK)? For a continous Hurricane trap, I'd say treat it like the fiery embers of the Dwarven Forge room. The effect takes place when a Hero ends his movement in the same corridor.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Return to Wizards of Morcar