• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Preliminary box art of Ogre Horde Expansion?

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Against the Ogre Horde Quest Pack.

Re: Preliminary box art of Ogre Horde Expansion?

Postby lestodante » June 10th, 2021, 12:32 pm

here they are:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby HispaZargon » June 12th, 2021, 12:58 pm

Kurgan wrote:Never knew about that one before... painted minis and a different cover, and it's using the Kellar's Keep tile sheet as a placeholder too! :shock:

Hi, here are the ogre miniatures shown in the german MB Games catalogue, with the higher resolution I could extract:

Preliminary_Box_Art_of_Ogre_Horde_Expansion.bmp

There we can see that the prototype expansion could have included 12 ogres instead of the 7 included in the final version of Against of the Horde Ogre expansion. I have tried to identify them from the old Citadel C23 Series of ogres miniatures and as far as I could here are my conclusions:

Preliminary_Box_Art_of_Ogre_Horde_Expansion_Ogres.jpg

The ogres marked in green colour I think match 90-100% with the prototype picture ones. The ogres marked in orange, match 50-60%, and the marked in red I could not identify them with any Citadel 80s ogre. It is interesting to see that some of the model are repeated twice but other are unique, maybe the unique ones where destined to be characters as the ogre lord / champion / chief included in the final version of the expansion. It can be seen that two of the ogres I have nto identified seems to be alse the same model.

Here we a have a "Quest": Which models do you think are the three remaining (the ones marked in red)? Do you think the green and orange I have identified are the correct models or could be others?

In addition, the MB Games catalogue shows the code "GER/5.91" so, which it probably indicates year 1991 since it is the same one when Against of the Horde Expansion was released.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by HispaZargon on June 29th, 2021, 4:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby lestodante » June 12th, 2021, 7:12 pm

Good catch! Also it shows 12 Ogres instead of 7.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Previous

Return to Against the Ogre Horde