• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Ogre Throne

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Against the Ogre Horde Quest Pack.

Ogre Throne

Postby wallydubbs » January 10th, 2019, 12:19 pm

So I finally managed to acquire, not 1, but 2 cardboard tiles of the Ogre Thone. 1 came with all the tiles I've been missing in Against the Ogre Hoard. It's worn and peeling in the folds. This particular copy came with 1 sidearm frame that appears to have been painted gold. The other one didn't come with any sidearms. On close examination the sidearm is the same as the ones to the Throne that accompanies the Game System.

A few questions arose when I just looked into the Against the Ogre Hoard Quest Book, I'm hoping some of you will have the answers to:

1.) When Against the Ogre Hoard was first released, did the two sidearms of the Ogre Throne come with the quest pack, or were you supposed to use the ones from the regular throne?
2.) The regular Throne also came with 2 plastic adjoining bars used to stabilize the chair, did those come with the original AtOH as well?
3.) The Ogre Throne appears to be twice as big as the regular Throne, taking up 2 squares of space on the board. So even if I am supposed to use the sidearms from the regular Throne the adjoining bars would be too small.
4.) Quest 6 of AtOH shows the Ogre Throne in central room, however it's shown to only take up 1 space on the board... what gives?
5.) If sidearms did come with AtOH, were they gold in color or is the one I have just painted that way?

Thanks in advance...

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Ogre Throne

Postby j_dean80 » January 10th, 2019, 12:37 pm

The side arms did not come with it. You had to re-use the originals. So in turn the cross-bars were not used. The map is basically an error, maybe they assumed centering the throne on the 1 square (bad assumption).
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » January 10th, 2019, 2:07 pm

The ogre throne is one of the few expansion items that I don't have and has always remained a mystery. Thanks for asking the important questions.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » January 10th, 2019, 2:55 pm

wallydubbs wrote:1.) When Against the Ogre Hoard was first released, did the two sidearms of the Ogre Throne come with the quest pack, or were you supposed to use the ones from the regular throne?
2.) The regular Throne also came with 2 plastic adjoining bars used to stabilize the chair, did those come with the original AtOH as well?
3.) The Ogre Throne appears to be twice as big as the regular Throne, taking up 2 squares of space on the board. So even if I am supposed to use the sidearms from the regular Throne the adjoining bars would be too small.
4.) Quest 6 of AtOH shows the Ogre Throne in central room, however it's shown to only take up 1 space on the board... what gives?
5.) If sidearms did come with AtOH, were they gold in color or is the one I have just painted that way?

1. No, you must replace the original standard throne card with the Ogre one.
2. No longer pins were included for the Ogre throne neither the sidearms.
3. You can use 2 tootpicks, they fit perfectly in the holes (or also the pins from the bottom of the tables if you modify a little bit the throne sidearms holes).
4. It is 2 squares large but you can also place it in the center and it will exceed just a bit out of the edges of a single tile, there's no problem.
5. They were not included.

20190110_194116.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » January 10th, 2019, 3:40 pm

Thanks Lesto, you too Dean.

Spookhappy, are you content without one, or are you still looking to obtain one?

Rewards:
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:

Postby Spookyhappyfun » January 10th, 2019, 5:05 pm

wallydubbs wrote:Thanks Lesto, you too Dean.

Spookhappy, are you content without one, or are you still looking to obtain one?

If you don't mind sending an extra (of that and/or any spare expansion tiles that you might have) my way, I'd appreciate it! Otherwise, one day I'm sure I'll get around to printing all the cardboard tile images on some kind of cardstock and use Lesto's toothpick trick with my current throne.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » January 11th, 2019, 7:19 am

Spookyhappyfun wrote:If you don't mind sending an extra (of that and/or any spare expansion tiles that you might have) my way, I'd appreciate it! Otherwise, one day I'm sure I'll get around to printing all the cardboard tile images on some kind of cardstock and use Lesto's toothpick trick with my current throne.

Sure, Spookhappy, I could use the karma. There's a few tiles I'm still missing from Frozen Horror and Mage of the Mirror.

Rewards:
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:

Postby benvoliothefirst » January 11th, 2019, 8:40 am

I didn't even know this thing existed. Hey Thantos, idea for the next kickstarter? ☺
wickedmetal.blogspot.com <--I paint HeroQuest!
My players' monthly game results
Mods I Use:
Base Quests in four difficulty steps by Anderas
Random Events by Jacob Busby (pg.5)
Karlen's Circlet by AerynB/drathe/sajungzak
Heartfelt thanks to all of you who have worked to enrich the world of HeroQuest!
Goblin-King wrote:When life gives you lemons, squeeze those lemons into your eyes, enter a berserker rage and punch life in the face!

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
benvoliothefirst

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » January 11th, 2019, 9:52 am

wallydubbs wrote:
Spookyhappyfun wrote:If you don't mind sending an extra (of that and/or any spare expansion tiles that you might have) my way, I'd appreciate it! Otherwise, one day I'm sure I'll get around to printing all the cardboard tile images on some kind of cardstock and use Lesto's toothpick trick with my current throne.

Sure, Spookhappy, I could use the karma. There's a few tiles I'm still missing from Frozen Horror and Mage of the Mirror.

That's awesome! Thank you!

If I find anyone with any extra tiles from those expansions, I'll point them your way. If not, once I finally get tile professionally printed, I'll see if I can get some extras printed for you if you're interested.

Rewards:
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » January 11th, 2019, 11:53 am

Spookyhappyfun wrote:
wallydubbs wrote:

That's awesome! Thank you!

If I find anyone with any extra tiles from those expansions, I'll point them your way. If not, once I finally get tile professionally printed, I'll see if I can get some extras printed for you if you're interested.

Yes, I would. I have an extra All-seeing-Eye room tile, I was considering just printing out the Ice Chasm tile and pasting it atop... but that would be ruining a good game, but otherwise useless tile for AtOH. Frozen Horror tiles are a bit more interactive then just neat little flood design.

Rewards:
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:

Next

Return to Against the Ogre Horde