• Advertisement
HeroGM Advanced Soundboard

Dive into the dimension of dynamic sound with Hero GM!
Free version available! Save 10% on full version with offer code "yeoldeinn"

Does Veil of Mist work on Ogres?

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Against the Ogre Horde Quest Pack.

Re: Does Veil of Mist work on Ogres?

Postby Goblin-King » Monday November 12th, 2018 5:03am

Normally in games like this, the golden rule is that if there's a conflict between the rulebook and a card, the card trumps the rulebook.
So I would say YES, Veil of Mist allows you to pass through even ogres.

In addition to that, the Wizard needs every advantage he can get to be fun to play. His spells don't need extra limitations.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby wallydubbs » Monday November 12th, 2018 7:22am

Stoner81 wrote:
wallydubbs wrote:Yeah but you really can't go by the card's picture, Borin's Armor clearly shows a helmet and yet it's only meant to be plate mail that doesn't slow you down.

I see your point however, the name "Borin's Armour" implies (to me at least) that it is a full set of armour which would include a helmet, boots and bracers which incidentally a full suit of full plate mail would (I'm thinking of the armour from the Knight of Camelot etc). For this reason I don't allow plate mail (battle plate I call it) or Borin's Armour to be used in conjunction with a helmet, boots or bracers.

|_P |_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.

That could be up for interpretation as well, I've noticed there's a difference in wording between the American and European version of Borin's Armor and Plate mail for that matter. European version gives you straight up 2 additional defense dice. Although the North American version does the same thing, it does slightly explain that Borin's Armor is plate mail that doesn't slow you down.
wallydubbs

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby Stoner81 » Monday November 12th, 2018 8:10am

wallydubbs wrote:That could be up for interpretation as well, I've noticed there's a difference in wording between the American and European version of Borin's Armor and Plate mail for that matter. European version gives you straight up 2 additional defense dice. Although the North American version does the same thing, it does slightly explain that Borin's Armor is plate mail that doesn't slow you down.

This is one of the biggest reasons why this forum exists in my opinion. So we can mod the living crap out of the game and fix all this type of thing. At the end of the day you are the DM/EWP, it's your game therefore your rules. Rule it how you see fit.

|_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.
Stoner81

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » Monday November 26th, 2018 12:18pm

Well, through consideration of what everyone has said Veil of Mist is a spell of limited use and I really don't want to limit it any further then it has to be.

Ogre's still block line of sight and if the heroes choose to use Veil of Mist to get around the ogre, it would be a risk as they don't see anything behind him (in corridors) and they could get sandwiched.

I've been considering adding a nifty play to the Wizard's arsenal: allowing him to enchant a dagger at the cost of 1 spell, he may turn an ordinary dagger into a Magical Throwing Dagger. He will only be allowed to do this once per quest. Enchanting the dagger will cost him his actioning for 1 turn. I'm thinking Veil of Mist would be the spell most used for this action.
wallydubbs

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Previous

Return to Against the Ogre Horde