• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Chaos Spell Cards ATOH

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Against the Ogre Horde Quest Pack.

Re: Chaos Spell Cards ATOH

Postby wallydubbs » November 1st, 2018, 11:25 am

Anderas wrote:They are available somewhere here... just use the search, I found them in 5 minutes last time I searched.
I just love command and duel of minds, they are just great for people who thought that mind points were not important. I love to give them to Fimirs in every corner.

I found them, but unfortunately they're for the UK edition... But I guess I can make do with what there is.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby StratosVX » November 1st, 2018, 12:09 pm

Here is a link to some NA style card images I made based off of Sjeng's UK version.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » November 1st, 2018, 7:09 pm

I remember Gian from Italian forums did card versions of the ATOH spells: front and rear are the same as on the tokens but in card style (so not oval): https://www.rinnegati.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=170
I also see Zenithfleet used one of the token pictures to make alternate chaos spells style cards: http://english.yeoldeinn.com/downloads/ ... spells.pdf (scroll to page 5)
I guess StratosVX files are the most useful anyway (but is a pity to lost the original artwork).

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Anderas » November 2nd, 2018, 6:49 am

Thanks for that link. I was looking for a good version of those pictures! |_P

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » December 26th, 2018, 4:50 pm

StratosVX wrote:Here is a link to some NA style card images I made based off of Sjeng's UK version.

Thanks, Stratos!

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » February 18th, 2019, 3:43 pm

Thanks Stratos

Upon looking over these spells, asides from the spell caster rolling for his mind points as well, aren't these spells, in essence, mirrored by American spells in effect?

AtOH Mind Lock = MotM Mind Blast
AtOH Mind Blast = FH Mind Freeze
AtOH Dominate = HQ Command

Other then the comparison by mind points, aren't the effects essentially the same?

Rewards:
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:

Postby SirRick » February 18th, 2019, 11:51 pm

You could also just select a number of chaos spells in place of the tokens. Probably between 3 to 6 spells depending on how powerful the bad guy is supposed to be. The token concept is kind of cool, but the mechanic seems to have been abandoned in the WoM quest pack in favor of normal spells.

Rewards:
Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
SirRick

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » February 19th, 2019, 8:40 am

SirRick wrote:You could also just select a number of chaos spells in place of the tokens. Probably between 3 to 6 spells depending on how powerful the bad guy is supposed to be. The token concept is kind of cool, but the mechanic seems to have been abandoned in the WoM quest pack in favor of normal spells.

I totally agree, I was never a fan of the Token concept. That's why I was wanting Americanized cards... but now I realize the same effect of these spells were already (or later) adopted into American cards, minus the sorcerer's mind points roll.
When I first got this game, I had no idea the European version didn't come with Chaos spell cards. So when I wanted to adapt Against the Ogre Horde and Wizards of Morcar into a compatible system, I was a bit bewildered about the tokens.

But anyhow, yeah, I was considering giving Festral, Nexreal and Xenoleth just a variety of Chaos spells. However I'll probably have to playtest it a few times before determining the best choice of spells would be.
As dastardly as casting Dominate or Command might be and just walking a hero into the Pit of Chaos, I actually prefer continuity, having the same heroes live through an entire quest pack, but just making it challenging enough that they'd barely escape with their lives.

Rewards:
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:

Postby lestodante » February 19th, 2019, 1:11 pm

I don't like the tokens but I liked the idea that both the CS and his victim have to roll dices according to their mind points and the one rolling the best result can win the match.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Anderas » February 19th, 2019, 1:22 pm

I like to have a magician, able to use one spell three or four times. In that vein, tokens are great.

I don't like that they refer to a page in the manual. They should be tokens for spell cards. :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents:

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Against the Ogre Horde