• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Between Quests 5 and 6

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Return of the Witch Lord Quest Pack.

Re: Between Quests 5 and 6

Postby Pancho » Friday October 26th, 2018 2:21am

j_dean80 wrote:If there is no pause between Quests then how does a new Hero join the party if one dies off?

Either there is no new hero and the party has to continue with a man down, or Mentor magically transports a new starting hero to join the party. There are probably lots of other ways to do it, but that's the two I use.

I have no problem with HQ being very difficult for the Heroes at times. It's no fun for Morcar/Zargon if every quest is a cakewalk and the completion of a quest pack is a foregone conclusion. I do let the Heroes find an extra weapon or potion here and there if they are REALLY struggling and a total party kill is on the cards.

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Pancho » Friday October 26th, 2018 2:23am

StratosVX wrote:
Pancho wrote:Edit; I've just noticed that as well as becoming an Ogre Lord I've also achieved "Rock Skin". Maybe because of a dodgy joke on another thread....if so, that's beautiful man. Love it.

I noticed that the other day. I actually laughed out loud when I saw that. :lol:

:lol: we have the best mods here.

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » Friday October 26th, 2018 12:26pm

j_dean80 wrote:If there is no pause between Quests then how does a new Hero join the party if one dies off?

The way my brother and I play, he doesn't. This isn't a problem as I am the EW and he has all the Heroes. I see it as one big quest, so there is no shopping, hiring, or recovery of BP's or spells.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
The Admiral

Archmage
Archmage

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Maurice76 » Friday October 26th, 2018 1:02pm

The Admiral wrote:

... or recovery of BP's or spells.

Wow, this really gimps the Heroes, if you ask me :shock: . Ten quests for KK and RotWL, and no regeneration of spells or hitpoints the entire way through?

The rules of those quest packs do state that hitpoints and spells are restored between quests, though.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Maurice76

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » Friday October 26th, 2018 2:55pm

Maurice76 wrote:
The Admiral wrote:

... or recovery of BP's or spells.

Wow, this really gimps the Heroes, if you ask me :shock: . Ten quests for KK and RotWL, and no regeneration of spells or hitpoints the entire way through?

The rules of those quest packs do state that hitpoints and spells are restored between quests, though.

They do, but we don't. With powerful Heroes that have trained up with extra skills, and loads of henchmen, plus I add in a Special Henchman who is a custom made Hero that comes with his equipment and skills already. For a big 10 parter there can be as many as 6 Heroes and 15 Henchman.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
The Admiral

Archmage
Archmage

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » Friday October 26th, 2018 5:59pm

If you allow the players to buy items beetween quests, you can also do this beetween quest 5 and 6 of Witch Lord, because after quest 5 they go to buy items but later they are captured and their equipment is stolen (but hey will find it later, during quest 6).
If you put random merchants during the quest be prepared to face a hero that wish to slain the merchant and robber all his stuff at once!
Some quest packs (Kellar and Witch Lord also) are intended to be one long adventure, from the beginning to the end. Maybe only in Against the Ogre Horde it is specified that the players can not buy items through the quests, but I guess in the previous there should be the same rule.
This is from page 11 of the Ogre questbook:
ogre rules as a series.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Ogre
Ogre

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » Sunday October 28th, 2018 9:59pm

lestodante wrote:If you put random merchants during the quest be prepared to face a hero that wish to slain the merchant and robber all his stuff at once!

Come on... that's easy, we all know merchants in dungeons have a spell of disappearance. Try rob one and it's BOOM! Smoky sleepy time. The Heroes get nothing!!!

I prefer to think of the 'magical transportation' more as stumbling across a trapped or lost Hero who's quite eager to join you.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Return of the Witch Lord