Glitch in the story

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Return of the Witch Lord Quest Pack.

Glitch in the story

Postby Beiren » Friday January 17th, 2014 6:17pm

In quest 7 is says that you escaped the Witch Lord, but it will not take long for he persues you. But the entire point of this pack is to destroy him. So why would you run away from and go to another location to fight him. If you would stand ground on a tactical position you can chose the battle ground. But now you go to 'visit' the witch lord in his cosy hideout and he has the benifit of the homeplayer?

Make no sense to me?
Time will tell, sooner or later time will tell
Beiren

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: Nederlands
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Glitch in the story

Postby sajungzak » Friday January 17th, 2014 7:15pm

In Quest five, the heroes are captured. In Quest six the witch lord retreats as soon as the wizard or dwarf enter the room to save the barbarian and elf and cannot be slain at this time. The heroes must find the witch lord before he finds them. If you would stand ground on a tactical position, like you say, you risk being captured again.
I see no storyline glitch here. Since the witch lord has the ability to teleport back to his cosy hideout, there only can he finally be laid to rest.
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
sajungzak

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Count Mohawk » Friday January 17th, 2014 9:42pm

On the subject of the Witch Lord leaving in Quest 6, he does something similar after you beat him in the first Quest Pack, which means he probably knows a long-range version of Escape. Escape has not been shown to work in the other direction, so the Witch Lord himself can't just turn back around with a fresh new army of Undead to finish off the Heroes. Therefore, his best decision on a tactical standpoint is to stand his ground in the Court of the Witch Lord and use the lay of the land to his and his army's advantage. Consider: he knows the Heroes are coming to kill him; if he can't sneak-attack them by teleporting back, why would he let the Heroes choose the battleground?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby TMU » Tuesday January 21st, 2014 9:50am

Don't make it so complicated, there, I rest this case.
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » Tuesday January 21st, 2014 10:18am

I think its just lousy writing. Its is a board-game, however. There's only so many ways you can dress up the concept of going into a dungeon to kill *lemony goodness*.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby alyndavies » Monday July 6th, 2015 5:54am

I believe the Witch Lord "curses" the players then vanishes. So i called the kids little bastards, but said my red headed wife (from the welsh valleys) was nice, then the witch lord made a graceful exit from the room.
alyndavies

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Return of the Witch Lord