• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

It actually happened... Genie opened a door!

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Return of the Witch Lord Quest Pack.

It actually happened... Genie opened a door!

Postby drathe » July 14th, 2009, 11:48 pm

Crazy as it sounds, but in Quest 6, the Halls of Vision, my recent group got themselves into a pickle. They sealed themselves off with the Elf Passing Through Rock to venture forward to find an alternate route. In doing so, there was a door that was sealed from them left unopened. So they used Genie to open it and discover the contents of the room there after and realised they had one last chance before heading back to the iron door in failure, as the Elf moved on to the next Quest... alone. But the Elf fought valiantly and managed to figure out the puzzle (and just about doomed them all) and once again reunited with his comrades.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: It actually happened... Genie opened a door!

Postby xela_elf » August 4th, 2009, 10:42 am

Yup, I never thought I would waste my Genie spell to open a door, but in this case I actually needed to. I thought we were done with the quest but ended up being one of my favourite quests so far, having to really think about a strategy to re-unite with the other heroes and to actually complete the quest! A day for history, Genie opened a door!
xela_elf

Skeleton
Skeleton

Forum Language: EspaƱol
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Adrum99 » September 29th, 2010, 10:22 pm

I had a player use genie to open a door so a character could shoot inside the room with a bow. I believe the ranged attacker's movement roll came up short and he wasn't able to help out the heroes fighting in the room. I thought it was pretty smart playing. haha
Adrum99

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby lucasdp » March 17th, 2016, 11:59 am

It surprises me every time, but one of my heroes, Miranda the Elf, almost always uses her Genie spell to open doors. It usually will happen after they've taken one fork in the journey and want to see what is in the rooms along the other path. Exploring from a distance, in a way, to determine if it may be worth doubling back.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
lucasdp

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby slev » March 17th, 2016, 12:16 pm

I remember playtesting the HQR re-jig of all the quests. Somewhere in either Ogre Horde or Dark Company, there's a trap gargoyle (stone until triggered) next to a chest. Only the trap also drops a Stone Door. Which everyone failed to open after the Wizard was trapped, alone, with the Gargoyle. They actually used Genie to open the door as it was statistically safer!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Return of the Witch Lord