• Advertisement

Ye Olde Inn is proudly hosted by

Proudly Hosted by MDD Hosting

Host your Website at MDD Hosting by clicking the logo above and Ye Olde Inn will receive a commission that we'll put toward keeping Ye Olde Inn online for everyone to enjoy!

The Death Mist

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Return of the Witch Lord Quest Pack.

The Death Mist

Postby AerynB » Saturday May 11th, 2013 10:18am

Dave and I got some time to play the next RotWL quest last night. It was Quest 3: The Silent Passages, the one with the Death Mist. Dave's heroes are so strong that I don't usually do a whole lot of damage to them, but the Death Mist was a big help. :twisted: A bunch of Heroes lost all their body points so Dave had to use some of his potions. It was great.

But now that I've finally played the quest, I have some questions about the rules for the Death Mist.
1. It says to put the Death Mist tile on the gameboard "at the beginning of the Quest." Does this mean at the very VERY beginning, or as soon as a Hero turns the corner and "sees" it? I figured if the rules meant when the Mist is first "seen," it would have said something to that effect, so I put it on the board as soon as the Heroes entered the dungeon. Is that correct?

2. The Heroes lose 1 BP when the Mist passes over them on Zargon's turn, but what if they pass over the Mist on their turn. Do they lose a body point then? We played that the Heroes don't lose a point when passing over the Mist tile on their turn, only because it didn't say that explicitly in the rules. Common sense tells me the Heroes should have lost a body point for moving through the mist, or possibly we should have treated it as a trap square and they had to attempt to jump the tile to avoid losing the body point. What do you all think?

3. The Mist may not end its movement on a square with a Hero, but can a Hero end his movement on the Mist tile? I ruled that it was okay, sort of like in number 2 above. Since it didn't explicitly say the Heroes couldn't end on the Mist tile, then it was okay if they did. Again, common sense tells me this shouldn't be so. Same thing as a trap, if you end on the Mist tile, you lose 1 BP. What do you think?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Princess
AerynB
Resident Editor

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Re: The Death Mist

Postby TMU » Saturday May 11th, 2013 10:55am

1. I think that's correct. I do the same.

2. & 3. I don't allow heroes to make any contact with the Death Mist, so they can't go over, or stop on to the square where the Death Mist stands.

But these are just my :2cents:
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sjeng » Saturday May 11th, 2013 11:48am

1. Yes, correct.
2. Your common sense is what I did.
3. I treat the mist like a monster you can pass through at the cost of 1 bp. Can not stop on the same square.

RPG Gateway Die Roller's 100

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » Saturday May 11th, 2013 11:58am

1. cf. Sjeng's post
2. cf. Sjeng's post
3. cf. Sjeng's post
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Ethica » Saturday May 11th, 2013 6:17pm

I Agree with sjeng also.

On a related matter. Does anyone have any alternative to the death mist tile? (not cotton wool though).

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby sadkitchen » Saturday May 11th, 2013 10:33pm

Ethica wrote:I Agree with sjeng also.

On a related matter. Does anyone have any alternative to the death mist tile? (not cotton wool though).

I don't have one but would assume that a properly painted air elemental mini would probably do the trick.

-sadkitchen
sadkitchen

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Goblin-King » Saturday May 11th, 2013 11:47pm

Or mock up a twirl of green stuff.

I know, I know... Green stuff is my solution to everything ;)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » Sunday May 12th, 2013 1:08am

You guys give me ideas...
If there's no suitable mini in my Reaper Bones reward, I'm gonna make me a Death Mist, yay!
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Ethica » Sunday May 12th, 2013 2:21pm

The haunt in the bottom left here is almost perfect. It's a little bigger than 1 square though :(

KS_HauntReward.jpg

And while I was looking for this picture to refer to I stumble on this!!-

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.p ... -are-leds/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » Sunday May 12th, 2013 2:36pm

Ethica wrote:The haunt in the bottom left here is almost perfect. It's a little bigger than 1 square though

That's not gonna be a problem for me. Takes up two squares, cavalry base, passing through takes two squares (still only one lost BP) and that's that.

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to Return of the Witch Lord