• Advertisement

Quest 9: Shapeshifter

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc from the Kellar's Keep Quest Pack.

Quest 9: Shapeshifter

Postby kyrrahn » Monday November 20th, 2017 12:15am

So I'm starting a campaign (with myself as EW) with some friends and while reading the notes for Quest 9 I had an idea... Since it says shuffle "ALL the monster cards" for the shape-shifter and I have the cards from the various expansions as well as prints of the cards for the WoM from this website would it be out of line to use them all?
I know it might be difficult if they draw the card for the Frozen Horror itself or of the 10BP Ogre from MitM but since this is one of the few times that you really get to use the monster cards and it would really make the encounter memorable (as well as difficult) I'm thinking that by the letter of the law it's okay. Also if I were to use a complete monster deck and they drew one of the WoM for example, could I then give said wizard his spells?
I know it seems a little harsh but I'm thinking of doing it as the lads tend to "Seal Team 6" their way through most quests with crossbows and tactics and since my brother is also an experienced EW it would really catch him off-guard...
Any thoughts...?
I want my Mummy :mummy:
kyrrahn

Skeleton
Skeleton

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:

Re: Quest 9: Shapeshifter

Postby Goblin-King » Monday November 20th, 2017 2:44am

I wouldn't add in extra monster cards.

The way the shapeshifter works is that they keep killing it until you draw the same shape twice in a row. If they killed it as an orc and you draw orc again.
That wouldn't work if you added a whole bunch of cards.
Also the expansion monsters are generally much harder than most of the standard monsters, making this encounter insane. They could in principle alternate between drawing the ogre and the Frozen Horror.

I think the Shapeshifter is enough of an elite monster already.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » Monday November 20th, 2017 8:05am

I'll just add...most of us are in agreement of not adding new stuff from Quest Packs until play that Quest Pack. If it came after the others than extra monsters are fair game.
Blood - Good to the last drop
j_dean80

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » Monday November 20th, 2017 11:27am

"...ALL the monster cards..." in Kellar's Keep was written before any other expansion existed
and thus without any expansion monster cards in mind.
So, no, "by the letter of the law" it would not be OK.

But it is your decision. For example, if for some reason your heroes are way too powerful and mnaxed out on equipment,
it might be OK for you to add other monsters into the mix.
We're all active on this site BECAUSE we all have made changes and come up with ideas. |_P
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Return to Kellar's Keep