• Advertisement

Overland Questing and Kellar's Keep

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc from the Kellar's Keep Quest Pack.

Re: Overland Questing and Kellar's Keep

Postby Big Bene » Monday May 22nd, 2017 3:26am

Nicely done.
I would put some more work into the skull at the top right. The "relief" doesn't fit the style of the rest of the map, looks too smooth and too flat.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby knightkrawler » Monday May 22nd, 2017 5:28am

Anderas wrote:I photoshopped it there :)

Oh, Andreas, du Guter!
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Monday May 22nd, 2017 7:11am

Big Bene wrote:Nicely done.
I would put some more work into the skull at the top right. The "relief" doesn't fit the style of the rest of the map, looks too smooth and too flat.

You're right.
So i took my lunchtime and photoshopped it again.
There are two versions now: Everybody can decide themselves how many hints they want to give their players by using a part from the one map or from the other map.

Click for big, as always. The original has 400px per inch, that should suffice for any professional printer.

First one, re-shopped hints:

Second one, the same, without hints:

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » Monday May 22nd, 2017 7:23am

Great!
|_P
Now do a 3-dimensional version :mrgreen:
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Wednesday July 5th, 2017 6:58pm

Anderas wrote:. . . So i propose to use 1, 2, 3, 9 as entry points to 4, 5, 6, 7 and make logically connected pairs of them:
1- The Great Gate leads to 6 - The great Citadel.
2 - The Warrior Halls leads to 4 - The Dwarven Forge
3 - The Spiral Passage leads to 5 - Hall of the Dwarven Kings.
9 - The East Gate will contain two things: A piece of Grin's Stone Map and hints plus a door to 7 - the Eastern Passage, which turns out to be blocked.

So finally the heroes enter
8 - Belorn's Mine as another entry to 10 - Grin's Crag.

So that makes five game evenings with two quests each, and an story-based acceptable opportunity to buy equipment between the quest pairs.
I also propose to make a finer resolution stone map so that it actually becomes useful - perhaps on the quest map there could be some more rooms, but filled with deadly traps, so that it finally becomes useful to read the map and avoid those rooms.

Side quest opportunities:
-[proposals]

Let me read your thoughts about it!

I'd say be sure to differentiate the entry points, either with the spiral stair tile or a mention in the Parchment Text. Also, a side Quest to exit the mines could be required to reach one of the entry points.

I always remembered the East Gate as a particularly uninspired roll-fest to get every Hero through the magic door at the end. Maybe this post will help provide some ideas, including another use for the map.
________
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS YOU

VOTE NOW!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Yeti
Yeti

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Friday September 8th, 2017 2:38am

Thanks for those proposals!
A side quest to exit the mines? You mean, i prepare a quest that the heroes can play any time to exit the mines?

Sounds good!

For the east gate, i am fully your opinion. Too many monsters, too less inspiration, too much standard, not enough specials.
I just read your proposals - i guess i will even go a step further, but they are definitely a good start! :)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » Friday September 8th, 2017 4:43pm

This is really cool, stuff. Especially the new map with hints. Thanks! I think I'm gonna be using some of this.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Kellar's Keep