• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

The East Gate

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc from the Kellar's Keep Quest Pack.

The East Gate

Postby drathe » Sunday June 7th, 2009 12:52am

Played the East Gate (Kellar's Keep, Quest 9) this weekend. It's been a long while since I've had a group play this long. I forgot how cool the Shape Shifter was. So much fun! I would have liked to see MB use more ideas like this in their quests. Thankfully, there's talented and created members in our community who are able to pick up the slack and introduce new experiences to the game.

One more to go, then off to see the Witch Lord! I'm thinking of picking up a Citadel "Tomb King" from the Warhammer Fantasy Miniature series. I believe I say one that would fit well as the big baddie.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: The East Gate

Postby Milk » Monday June 8th, 2009 3:11pm

Ah yes, the infamous Fimir shapeshifter. What always irritated me was that my copy of HQ was shorted the Chaos Warrior Monster Card so back in the day this little shapeshifter could never change into the more powerful creature. Drats....

Thank goodness we have these terrific archives and I can now "replace" my missing Chaos Warrior card.
Milk

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » Monday June 8th, 2009 6:55pm

They print out really great too! I took a bunch down to my local print shop (out of jealousy :? , as Phoenix took a bunch of cards down to his local shop to get printed). Printed a whole set of GS & expansion cards (so my originals don't get worn out), plus a huge batch of cards I made for my own games. The end result looks even better than the originals. Today's printers are by far superior to the ones MB used.

...got a whole 'nother batch to do now too.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Phoenix » Monday June 8th, 2009 11:37pm

My original print batch looked like crap. But not my second batch. I'm verrrrry happy with them :D

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Phoenix » Saturday July 4th, 2009 1:17am

Yeah, we played this tonight and boy do I LOVE ROOM 'C'. It was fantastic. Drew in the Elf, straight into the pit trap. Then the Barbarian slowly crawled into to the pit (no damage). The Elf popped out of the pit and right into a Spear Trap!! (man, did that piss him off!!) Then the Barbarian crawled out the other side and WHAMO!! the other Spear Trap. The Elf recovered & searched for Treasure and guess what, NO TREASURE IN THE CHEST!!!! :mrgreen: :twisted: :lol:

Good Times!!!! I definitely need to throw this one in from time-to-time!!!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » Saturday July 4th, 2009 12:38pm

I agree. There's definitely not enough really thought out trap rooms to bring a bit of glory back to Chaos. But man, am I ever loving RotWL right now (and so are my players). There's something uniquely fantastic in every quest!

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Return to Kellar's Keep